How To Always Know When A Program Needs To Be Updated

Did you know that when you do not update a program that can put your computer at risk?

If you did not know a while back a few hackers found a hole in Adobe Reader and managed to infect many people who did not update it.

As you can see updating is very important and today I am going to show you a way to always know when a program on your computer needs to be updated.

Introducing… Update Notifier

Update Notifier is a great piece of software that checks your computer for updates on the current programs you have.

All you have to do once you open up Update Notifier is click the ‘Check Now’ button. It then will scan to see if there are any updates available for the programs on your computer.

Here is a screenshot of Update Notifier on my computer:

Another cool feature of Update Notifier is Watch List. If you register and make an account inside of the program you can track new updates. This makes it so much easier for you to always keep your computer safe and protected.

Go check out and take a look at Update Notifier. It is a great piece of software and worth checking out.

• Have you ever heard of Update Notifier?
  • What do you think of this post?
Edwin.thumbnail How To Always Know When A Program Needs To Be Updated

1. 5 Little Known Secrets To Not Getting a Virus
  2. How To Backup Files Or Programs On Your Computer
  3. How To Improve Your Download And Upload Speed
  4. How To Stop Your Computer From Freezing
  5. 6 Cool Programs To Mix Music Like A DJ

28 Responses to “How To Always Know When A Program Needs To Be Updated”

1. Hadn’t heard of this one until now, I’ll take a look – thanks. I’ve been using Secunia PSI for a while – it works fine, but it’s a bit “busy”.

Awesome, good luck with the software :)

2. I don’t think I need to get Update Notifier. All of my programs will automatically check for updates, then tell me when they need to be updated or do it themselves.

Anyway, if a virus or hacker does get into my computer, I have AVG. I can use that to scan my computer.

And if that doesn’t work, I am a programmer myself so I know how to make viruses and how they work. I can easily get rid of one manually, and if I want, I can trace the IP address of the hacker, and get him back. If he has a website that has a virus on it, I can take it down.

Thats cool and all, but you never know, Update Notifier might come in handy one day. Anyways good for you and good luck

3. Thomas from IT-Blog 14. May, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Hi Edwin
    You are so right about keeping programs updated. Many people think that they are safe if just they have a antivirus program.
    I have not heard about Update Notifier. I am using another similar program called Secunia PSI. It is staying in the Tray and watching the status of my programs and tell me when there is updates available.

Oh thanks for the comment. Im going to check out Secunia and see how it is

4. mandy from learntoblog 17. May, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Hi Edwin, I too have an update notifier, they are invaluable, but I did not know that you were more at risk by not updating all your programmes. Very interesting piece of information, thanks for sharing.

Enjoy the journey.

Mandy

Check it out Mandy. Good luck

Thanks for commenting

5. Oh I always ignore to this problem,it’s not good to my computer.Thanks for your sharing and your reminder

Your welcome

6. Nicholas from Bamboo floor 19. May, 2011 at 5:47 AM

People buy computers for themselves & use it in the manner they wish too. But they forget that every software requires updating as well as patches which help fix security glitches!! I think people should opt for this Software as I found it very useful after using it!!!

7. Victoria from waterproofing Toronto 19. May, 2011 at 7:47 AM

I really love this software for updating my PC. But I am having a little glitch is that why every time it shows me update your security patch??? I tried re-installing it 3 times. I am using Windows Vista Premium 64 bit!!!

Try updating the security patch directly from the Microsoft website

8. I love update only when its free. It is good and important to get updates on security and to the software that you are frequently using.

9. Once again – something else I never heard of ;) You are quite the amazing guy finding all these tools to make everything so much more easier.

Thanks for the post!
    Linda

Thanks for the compliment Linda. I appreciate it :)

10. Hey Edwin,
    Thanks for the informational article. I usually just use my windows updater to go through and see what needs updated, but I might have to look into this program to see if maybe it will provide me with a more inclusive list. I really like the option to track updates.

11. Now that’s just handy Edwin. I know that a lot of my programs notify me of an update once I turn my computer on but I think for safety sake, I’m going to upload this one just to be sure.

Thanks so much for sharing this. See, you are so darn smart!!!

Adrienne

It is very handy Adrienne, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the comment and compliment :)

12. Wow, that’s cool. I never knew that this Update Notifier even existed. My friend told me to use Secuina instead of Update Notifier. I’ll try both of them. I only rely on antivirus program for years. This time to move on. Thanks, Edwin.

13. Veronica Cervera from Miami Real Estate 26. May, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Update notifier can make things really organized, its really very helpful and I’m satisfied using it since I don’t have to worry about which program is going to expire without my knowledge. Its very important to keep the programs updated in order to function smoothly and efficiently.

14. Jes from Computer Repair Ventura 26. May, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I agree with Hao in that whenever I first install a program, I always opt for clicking the box that will send you update alerts whenever they are available. However, I can see where this program will come in handy. My only issue would be if the alert would come in both this program as well as on my computer. I wouldn’t want to have to endure both.

15. Rijans from TechGainer.Com Technology,Computer & Gadgets blog 31. May, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Great! I also heard about another tool tech tracker.

16. Calli from Wedding Favors 05. Jun, 2011 at 12:46 PM

This is a great software. I also have a sort of update notifier installed by the technician who reformatted my laptop but I’m not sure if its the same one. I never clicked those notifiers here because I don’t really know how to use them.lol I’ll have to check if its the same one as yours so I’ll know its safe to use. Thanks for sharing the info. :)

17. Kevin Haas from free management software 14. Jun, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Edwin, you have sorted all my problems with this update as it was a very painful moment for me just to see my brand new computer’s crashing every now & then. Reason was,” No software update” But after installing, Update Notifier I am very happy to see all my software getting updated oftentimes which is a very good option for me!! Thanks brother!!

18. Ami from Therapist New York 28. Jul, 2011 at 6:06 PM

What a great tool! I didn’t realize that ignoring updates could be so disastrous. Good to know, I will make sure and update more often!

19. Gareth Brown from isp 25. Aug, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I get an update notification only when I am busy and it irritates me a lot. But it seems this is not good. Ignoring such notifications every time may put my system on risk. You need to get the software’s updated from time-to-time otherwise we may lose all the content in the system. The Update Notifier looks good and I guess this will search for updates of all software’s together.

20. internet marketing 23. Sep, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Keeping your programs up-to-date is really important. People today usually ignore notifications for some reason, even though when viruses do hit, all hell breaks loose. I don’t really understand post above that states the lack of need for this type of product. Sure, an average programmer can fix the problem on his own, but what to do with the ordinary users? And besides if all your programs are up to date along side antivirus and firewall there won’t be any problems. I haven’t had them in over two years.