How To Remove Yourself From Facebook

Have you ever wondered how to remove yourself from Facebook?

Just because Facebook is now one of the worlds most visited sites does not mean that everyone will like it. You might be one of those people who think Facebook is overrated and have no use for it.

2879955156 221541a8ae m How To Remove Yourself From Facebook

In this article I will teach you on how to remove yourself from Facebook.

How To Close Your Facebook Account

1. Log into Facebook
  2. Click on Account than on Account Settings
  3. Next to ‘Deactivate Account’ click on Deactivate.
  4. Follow the on page instructions

If you follow my steps your Facebook account should now be deactivated and you have removed yourself from Facebook. If you have the sudden urge to go back to Facebook just register again.

Thank you for reading how to remove yourself from Facebook.

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below!

Edwin.thumbnail How To Remove Yourself From Facebook

1. Two GreaseMonkey Scripts To Remove Annoying Ads From The Internet
  2. How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)
  3. How To Hack A Facebook Account Without Ever Knowing The Password
  4. How To See Who Views Your Facebook Profile?
  5. How To Remove Malware From Your Computer

23 Responses to “How To Remove Yourself From Facebook”

1. I had to search for this when I had put up a test account. I didn’t want to keep it up so it did take me awhile to locate how to delete that account. Although I would hope most people would want to stay on Facebook, this is still something they will want to know how to do.

Thanks for sharing this Edwin,

Adrienne

2. Unfortunately after you kill your facebook page they get to keep your content. Facebook has some shady privacy policies I say!

You can also suspend your account if you want temporarily. If you need a break from facebook. That can be useful too.

I should also add they made facebook unsecure. You can make it secure by going to account > account settings > account security > checkbox to make secure. save it. Definitely recommend doing that as well.

3. Luke from fat sacs 12. May, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Edwin, I must say that you are definitely giving us very in-depth & vital information to help us & make our work easier. I agree that Facebook doesn’t offer that much amount of security & stability though it is the no.1 Social site. I feel they should upgrade their security logs & also make some part more convenient like the deleting account pages too.., right???

4. Ahsan from TechZons 13. May, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Easy process but if you don’t know how to remove Facebook account its really hard. Now the process also clear to me.

5. Nabil from how to bring on labour 14. May, 2011 at 11:40 AM

What about your death, are there no settings for that?

A friend of mine recently passed away, but his facebook profile is still live. He gets a few messages from time to time. It’s so sad!

6. I love facebook so much and I have never thought that I will remove my account

7. Amandeep Singh 19. May, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I am not planning to leave FB anytime soon.. but when I do.. ;) it is a very useful information. :)

8. Kate Lesing from Acapella download 20. May, 2011 at 6:56 AM

This seems a very nice point for questioning but I feel Facebook is way better than Twitter & Orkut!! At least medium of interaction increases to a higher step!! :D

9. I often see this option when I am editing the setting. Sometimes I am tempted to deactivate my account.
    @Nabil: my friend died too and his facebook is still alive. Maybe or sooner inactive account for a year will auto deactivate.

10. Johanna from GIJoh.com 22. May, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Thanks for sharing with us the simple step-by-step instructions on how to remove one’s self from Facebook.
    Even if it is one of the world’s most visited sites, it still has its issues when it comes to security.
    I agree with the previous comments here. If an FB user has died, then his/her account should be removed or something if not been active for a certain period of time. It’s kinda creepy if you ask me – when a person you know is dead and his or her FB account is still alive.

11. Hey Edwin,
    Yeah some people will like FaceBook and they make it kinda hard to find how to it.

12. Jonathan Sparco 03. Jun, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I tried doing this before with my old account because it has been plaguing other accounts with spam. However, I noticed that Facebook only allows you to disable the account and not permanently remove it. This means you can login again anytime you want. Its just that your friends cannot access your profile.

13. James May from Bet on Birmingham city 06. Jun, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Hey Edwin,
    I’ve still not thought of removing my account from facebook. Till now facebook has made a milestone with the number of users ever increasing but we never know what lies ahead so in case I decide to deactivate I’ll definitely refer back to your post.

14. Dean Werchon from furniture removals sydney 07. Jun, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Edwin, I must appreciate your work which you have possessed to take sheer guts as few people now-a-days is just so lame, that they need spoon feeding which infuriates me!! I feel that you have taught them a nice lesson…: D

15. Liza from Press Release Example 15. Jun, 2011 at 6:38 AM

hahah. . .
    How nice..! now you are telling us that how to get rid of it. But I have some information that Facebook’s account is not been deleted permanently. If you again register from the same account, you will retreive your all data as well.

16. Andrew Walker 15. Jun, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I haven’t thought of leaving Facebook yet. It’s very beneficial. But when the time comes I am sure your tips will be very valuable for me.

17. Sean Parker from Shock cord 20. Jun, 2011 at 3:43 AM

I really need to close my facebook account because unwanted things were happening. Unwanted people were coming up and my password got hacked. Now I know how to do it. Thanks. I like Michael’s suggestion of suspending the account. In my case I’ll have to deactivate but otherwise it is a very good way of taking a temporary work and resuming after a few months.

18. Arnum from DSiXL 17. Jul, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I didn’t realise that FB could keep my content after I delete my account…..not fair!

19. Link to Permanently Delete facebook http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account

20. Ami from Therapist New York 29. Jul, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I’ve been seriously considering doing this. It distracts me so much from things I need to be doing but I also use it as a way to network… Eek.

21. jeanette azas 30. Jul, 2011 at 5:41 AM

hi, i really want to delete my two account on facebook. it is jeanette azas and jeanette yutrago because im not using it anymore.. i cant delete it becoz i forgot the username and password of that to account… can you help me please…

Dave Reply:

Did you get an answer yet?….lol

22. Jeanie from Facebook Templates 10. Oct, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Of course, I’m not going to delete my page on Facebook, but if something will be changed, than I’ll use all your tips)) Thank you)