Best Sites To Make QR Codes

How To Make QR Codes

In this tutorial we are going to learn how to make QR codes. QR codes are bar-code looking images that have either a website or message embedded inside of it.

The only way to make out what a QR code says is to use a QR code reader of some sort.Here is a sample QR code that I made. Try to see what the message says:

how to make qr codes Best Sites To Make QR Codes

Websites To Make QR Codes

Kaywa QR Code: Select what you want to display in your QR code. You can choose between a URL, text, phone number, or SMS. Once you select which content type fill in the respected credentials below that.

You can also select the size of the QR code.

Once done just press ‘Generate’.

Qurify: On Qurify you type a message, click ‘Qurify’ and your own custom QR code will be made for you.

Conclusion

QR codes can be used as advertisement, for a contest, maybe even a game. The possibilities are endless. Make your own QR code today!

• What do you think of this tutorial?
  • What uses can you think of for QR codes?
  • Did you know how to make a QR code prior to this tutorial?

Edwin.thumbnail Best Sites To Make QR Codes

1. 7 Cool Sites To Listen To The Radio Online

26 Responses to “Best Sites To Make QR Codes”

1. Thanks Edwin once again

Your welcome :)

2. Johanna from GIJoh.com 05. May, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I’ve never heard of QR codes before. Glad I’ve come across your post here!
    I’m happy learning new things from you.
    Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome Johanna

3. Web Design India 06. May, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Thanks for sharing such wonderful information. I have scanned the barcode with Barcode scanner application installed in my Iphone.

Sounds good, thank you for commenting :)

4. Sheila Atwood 09. May, 2011 at 1:30 PM

QR codes are still cutting edge. I have been taking a course on Mobile marketing. Although QR codes are not new, they are really starting to take off.

Actually I am really excited. I had to go out and buy myself a smart phone.

I would like to create a coupon business based off of QR codes and SMS.

I hope your potential business goes smashingly well. Good luck!

5. I was looking into this not too long ago and it seemed like it would be complicated, but with your simple instructions it is not :) Not sure what I would do with it though, honestly. Stick it on a website?

Linda

Maybe, honestly you have to be creative with QR code.

6. Lukas from Web Design London 12. May, 2011 at 6:18 AM

I love QR Codes, I found them very useful and even implemented them on my website too.
    Great article! Thanks for sharing :)

7. I have never really thought about it til now, but these are very interesting and could be useful in advertisement. I did not know they could be made so easily. Thanks for the information.

8. Hi, I want to create QRCodes that I can send to customers phones and then have them redeem them at a point of sale. How do I do this? This is different from having them take a picutre of a qrcode or using a url link for the code. Thanks for your help.

Rob

(please don’t publish my email. Thanks.)

Can you please rephrase your question? You want to send them a QR code that they can purchase?

P.S: Your email wont be published, dont worry ;)

Rob Reply:

Thanks for the reply. Sure. What I want to do is generate qrcodes that represent coupons and then
    send them to customers phones. The customer can then have this qrcode scanned by a bar code reader at check out to receive the coupon discount. I know starbucks is doing something similar to this with their coffee cards:

See how the qrcode is scanned in this article. That’s what I want to do but as a coupon. Ok, thanks again.

9. Hey Rob I think I understand you correctly, pretty much all you have to do is create the QR code with your discount/sales incentive then email it to your customers. You would then need a way to retreive this discount offer at the time of purchase… Hope this help is I understood it corrctly!

10. Andrew Walker 26. May, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Wonderful! This was I looking for. QR code is unique. It needs creativity to make one. Thanks a lot for sharing, Edwin. I really appreciate it.

11. awesome thanks for the article..

12. Edwin no I did not know about these codes before this and I’m not sure what I would use them for.

13. Liza from Press Release Example 15. Jun, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Wow, this is really a great trick. How do you found such interesting tips and tricks.

We can use QR Codes for hiding our information from unknown people. This is a kind of code words. We can use it for discussion at social network to get specific people know specific things.

Great thing, I really like it.

14. Peter from Effective Site Marketing 21. Jun, 2011 at 1:22 PM

thanks for the links Edwin.
    Didn’t know it was so easy to make a qr code.

15. hi,
    I have been looking into making qr codes to promote my app development business. I found this article on how to make them more visually enticing. http://mashable.com/2011/04/18/qr-code-design-tips/
    the funny thing is the article tells you to do these things, but not actually how to do them. I have found dozens of websites that make a qr code for you in 2 seconds but I want to make mine visually arresting and to use my app logo in it to reinforce my brand. Can you help?

16. Godfried van Loo (Qurify.com) 13. Jul, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Nice to hear you like Qurify! We made Qurify.com back in 2008 to make it VERY easy to create, download and print QR Codes. We welcome more and more visitors (thousands that is) every day from all over the world, but of course we also like to see people like you Edwin that write about QR Codes (and Qurify). All to make QR Codes as widely adopted as possible!

Keep up the good work!

Godfried van Loo
    Qurify.com, atool by Yocter

17. Arnum from DSiXL 17. Jul, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Hi Edwin, you sure come up with some interesting stuff. I am off to work out how to use my iphone as a bar scanner.

18. Hi Edwin
    Thanx for the info. I would like to know if there was a way that I could make a QR code with a tolerance of 30%. As I understand the concept there are options to the tolerance that a QR code can have to be readable. In most cases the codes have 0% tolerance but can be made to have up to 30%. Do you know of a site where I could set the tolerance or alternatively do you have any more info no this concept?
    Thanx, Colette

19. Steve from Coupons 02. Sep, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Clear and concise
    Thanks for the info…
    Btw … can I take some part of this post as my blog reference and linked to it?
    Thanks