How to Control Your iPhone from Your Computer

Today we will learn how to control your iPhone from your computer!

This tutorial might be useful for someone who wants to show something on their iDevice easier and much clearer as opposed to on the device itself.  It is also a pretty cool trick to show your friends as well.

2676768570 ed6d490c8f m How to Control Your iPhone from Your Computer

I also will post how to control your computer from your iPhone so that should be fun!

How to Control Your iPhone from Your Computer

1. Download RealVNC
  2. Download the iPhone app Veency from the Cydia store (Requires a jailbroken iDevice)
  3. Open up the RealVNC VNC Viewer
  4. Now grab your iPhone and navigate to Settings-Wifi. Click on the blue arrow next to your current connection.
  5. On the page you should find a section called IP Adress. Note down the numbers that appear next to it.
  6. Go back to the RealVNC VNC Viewer and type the number you saved.
  7. Done.

Veency Controls

Left Click: Touch Screen

Middle Click: Lock Button

Right Click: Menu Button

Keyboard: Keyboard

I hope you found this tutorial easy to follow, and fun at the same time. Please share this to your friends and family if you found it useful.

If you have any questions please leave them in the comment section below.

Edwin.thumbnail How to Control Your iPhone from Your Computer

1. How To Record Your Computer Screen
  2. How To UnTether Jailbreak Your 4.2.1 iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
  3. How To Make Phone Calls From Your Computer
  4. How To Add New Fonts To Your Computer
  5. Crap Cleaner Makes Your Computer Less Crappy

26 Responses to “How to Control Your iPhone from Your Computer”

1. Ahsan from TechZons 22. May, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Yes… you right. Its a pretty cool tips but if you don’t know the system its hard to do.

I guess if your not familiar with it it might be a little confusing. Thanks for the comment

2. Johanna from TechPatio.com 22. May, 2011 at 3:11 AM

This simple yet clever tutorial you’ve shared with us looks really fun! I will share try doing this with a friend’s iPhone and see if it works :)

Thanks for sharing!

Yup it is really fun!

Thanks for the comment :)

3. Edwin thank for this not sure if I completely understand it but I definitely feel a little better about trying it now.

If you have any questions just shoot

4. Jane from lcd tv 23. May, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Haven’t known that things like this are possible on iPhone, thanks a lot for sharing this guide!

5. Great tips.Thanks for your sharing

6. So many good tips.Thanks for your sharing.I try to do this now

7. Hey Edwin, thanks mate!! This is such a nice update!! I love this lot!! I need some more for my iPhone kindly suggest me!!

8. George from Hifu 24. May, 2011 at 1:55 PM

iPhone had some flaws but it cannot be denied that it has some of the best features. Fiddling with what the iPhone and computer combination sounds amazing and very interesting. The market now has various smartphones and android based phones but iPhone has more unique features.

9. This is one of the best post I found so far. The contents are very good and very informative.I subscribed to your RSS feed by the way!Thanks, this is really cool!

10. Hi Edwin, many thanks to you. Now, I know controlling the I phone from the computer. very helpful steps and easy to follow. once again, thanks.

11. Jane from lcd tv 26. May, 2011 at 2:33 AM

I had program which allowed me to control my computer through iPhone but in other way not, thanks a lot for sharing it!

12. Nice tutorial Edwin!

I think this could come in handy sometime. I’ll try it out. Thanks again for the tip.

13. Rijans from TechGainer.Com Technology,Computer & Gadgets blog 31. May, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I always liked these types of applications which let me control between multiple desktop and hand devices.

14. Hi Edwin,
    Thank you for the tutorial.You have explained it really well even for newbies.Thank you for the information.

15. Wu from fluorescence microscope 08. Jun, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Edwin, can you also find out something in Android too?? I just purchased myself a Galaxy SII.. It would be privileged that if you find some nice apps for Android which can help me connects some nice ones!! Thanks!!

16. raverture from wedding favors 09. Jun, 2011 at 5:11 AM

How I wish I have an iPhone so that I can follow the steps here. Nevertheless, this is very helpful to those who want their work easier and more convenient to them. :)

17. Ira from Chicago Home Renovation 09. Jun, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I totally like this post. I had never synchronized my iphone with my computer because my iphone was jailbroken. But I think I will just ignore the update thing.

18. MangDe from Tips Blogger 02. Jul, 2011 at 12:26 PM

thanx for the tricks.. i will try to follow your step above, hope i can do it successfully

19. Ami from Therapist New York 28. Jul, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I just got an iphone (1st one) and I feel like such a dummy – but thank you for educating the dummies of the world like me!

20. These kind of apps are real handy, few other similar apps like Tonido are well designed too. But with laptops, and portable drives that could fit in our pockets, the remote desktop clients may not be that vital.

21. James from iPhone Prices 27. Sep, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Hey Edwin,

Pity the iPhone needs to be jailbroken…

Does anyone know of a similar App that does this without the Jail break

ie : can be purchased in App Store??

Cheers,

Anthony.

Maybe, try looking in the MarketPlace for an app saying something like computer to pc connection or something. Im pretty sure in the Business section there are a few apps that do that

22. Natasha from SEO Company Los Angeles 06. Oct, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Amazing! I’m going to have to check this out. Technology never ceases to amaze me…can’t wait to learn how to control my computer through my Iphone!