How To Make A GIF Animation

In this tutorial we are going to learn how to make a GIF animation.

If you do not know what a GIF animation is, check out the cool example GIF’s below:

four 1 How To Make A GIF Animation

nine 1 How To Make A GIF Animation

Learning how to make an animated GIF is a pretty cool thing. You can show them off to your friends and families, and maybe even upload them to YouTube.

If you do not know, an animated GIF is just a group of pictures set to appear one after the other. There is no real animation involved.

If you want to make your own GIF you’re going to need a few things:

• A basic idea of what your GIF is going to do
  • Images to animate

Once, you have all of the above down we are now going to assemble out GIF.

How To Make A GIF Animation

Sites To Make A GIF Animation:

The following sites all work the same way. You upload your images on them, and select how you would like to animate your GIF. Check out the following sites:

Welcome to Gickr.com Create GIF Animations online Upload pictures or get images from Flickr Pimp myspace graphics 1302357607600 300x67 How To Make A GIF Animation

Picasion Create GIF animations online Make an Animated GIF GIF Animator 1302357651130 300x64 How To Make A GIF Animation

Make A Gif Animated Gif Maker Free Gifs Creator Online 1302357474784 How To Make A GIF Animation

Gif maker. Create animated gif online on LooGix.com 1302357671492 300x80 How To Make A GIF Animation

Create a gif Create a gif online Gif Creator Gif Maker 1302357697136 300x113 How To Make A GIF Animation

Animated GIF Maker Free GIF Generator 1302357630957 How To Make A GIF Animation

If you want a demonstration of me making a GIF in action check out the video I made below:

Conclusion

Making your very own animated GIF is a fun and cool thing to do. You just have to get creative and in no time you can make your very own.

• Did you like the tutorial?
  • Have you ever made an animated GIF?

Edwin.thumbnail How To Make A GIF Animation

No related posts.

23 Responses to “How To Make A GIF Animation”

1. Hector Avellaneda 09. Apr, 2011 at 6:37 PM

haha.. pretty cool Edwin! Thanks for the resource, man!

Hey Hector, no problem dude

2. Thanks for the tutorial. Looks fun and easy! :)

It is, the possibilities of your animations are endless :)

3. Thomas from IT-blog 10. Apr, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Hi Edwin
    It is a very long time since I have made an animated GIF. I had a little program that was able to do that. Is I remember all the pictures had to be the same size and it took forever. It looks pretty easy with these online tools.

Yeah Thomas, this one doesnt really matter the size (make sure its not tooo big though). Good luck

4. Great article! I like how you posted 6 sites that can be used to make GIF animations. That way, in case one goes down, I can use another! I usually make animations with Windows Movie Maker, or make them on my DSi using Flipnote Studio. I never knew you could make them online! =D

The more resources the better so like you said if one fails you still have a backup. I’ve never made a animated GIF in Windows Movie Maker, I should try it. Looks like fun :)

5. Usman from FirstHosting 11. Apr, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Lol its just interesting and like a game.

Yeah, you can make it like that

6. The revival of the GIF is amazing! I think part of the success is that is so easy to make GIFs for everybody using these online tools and for free.

GIFS truly are very simple to make, I made one in two seconds flat :0

7. Jane Cooper from online shopping ireland 14. Apr, 2011 at 6:32 AM

That is realy cool, i’ve never thought that it may be so easy to do!!! Thanks for soft and explanation ;)

8. Sweet, cant wait to make a few.

Good luck, they’re fun :)

9. Your blog is apparently well thought out and organized well, cudos.

10. It’s really funny :) i have to make a GIF animation :)

LOL Kavya, it is pretty funny. Good luck and have fun

11. Rajan from Animation Institute in Chandigarh 19. May, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Really nice post you made the things like a game..really cool..carry on.

12. Rajan from Animation Institute in Chandigarh 19. May, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Nice post dear..you made the things like game..really great..keep going

13. Kris from Auto Title Loans 20. Jun, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Nice GIF you made with the Goonies. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. Thanks for the tutorial! I watched it so we’ll see if it works for me. I’m trying to make a GIF for my friend’s birthday.

14. Wow…I wouldn’t have thought it would be so easy to make an animation like that. Thanks for the tips and especially so many sites to make the animations. That’s is really cool. I’d love to make one…so it sounds similar to how you make a photo book..upload your pictures and go from there. Sounds great…can’t wait to try it out!