Firefox 5 Rumors: Chrome-y, Social Sharing, and Web Apps

Even though Firefox 4 was released not to long ago, there is already talk about Mozilla next browser, Firefox 5.The rumors say that the new browser will be more like Google Chrome, and will feature social sharing abilities, and web apps.

From what I’ve seen Firefox 5 doesn’t bring much to the table. RockMelt, a browser built under Chrome’s open source code, already has most if not all of the supposed features in Firefox 5 already implemented. A common trend I keep seeing is browsers keep trying to copy Chrome, and its sleek design.

firefox 5 300x192 Firefox 5 Rumors: Chrome y, Social Sharing, and Web Apps

I am surprised Google hasn’t talked much about this, and how its competitors are implementing more and more features already found in their browser.

• What do you think of Firefox 5?

(Source VentureBeat)

Edwin.thumbnail Firefox 5 Rumors: Chrome y, Social Sharing, and Web Apps

1. 4 Marvelous Alternatives To Internet Explorer
  2. Speed Up Firefox: Tweaks and Tips To Make Firefox 50X Faster
  3. RockMelt-All Your Favorite Social Networks In One
  4. Internet Explorer 9 Released
  5. How To Automate Tasks In Firefox

15 Responses to “Firefox 5 Rumors: Chrome-y, Social Sharing, and Web Apps”

1. Social networking is best media for sharing today, adopting this is best choice i suppose

I guess so too, everyones sharing more and more so this should be a good choice

2. Fazal from Make Money Online 07. Apr, 2011 at 9:12 PM

thanks for the heads up edwin. I personally use Chrome over firefox, i find it better overall, it crashes less!

3. And Google chrome copies the whole source code from webkit and created nothing but kiddish browser. I think mozilla and opera are best browsers.

A kiddish browser. I think a browser with millions of users is not kiddish. Just my two cents

4. Link to my website is not working Please take a look at that edwin.Thanks

5. Jane Cooper from online shopping ireland 08. Apr, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Right everything is about social networks, people take news, videos and another things from there and they don’t have to use anything more to know what is happenning around the world.

Yep, that is why social networking is getting way more popular everyday

6. Usman from FirstHosting 08. Apr, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I don’t think that firefox ppl are copying any thing, they are in this field for long time.

and stable 4 release is awesome.

7. Johanna from GIJoh.com 10. Apr, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Sure is quite surprising that rumors of Firefox 5 are circling around! I wish that before they release another one, they should improve and fix all the bugs in the previous Firefox versions.

8. Dana from Tablet PC Info 11. Apr, 2011 at 2:05 AM

I am just trying Google Chrome this day and found it is unbelievable fast. So, I think Firefox 5 will not change my mind to stick on Google Chrome.

Ive tried Google Chrome, and even though it is fast, I like the layout of Firefox

9. Pubudu from TechHamlet 13. Apr, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Hehe… you are right mate.. Google Chrome started a big revolution… Everyone started to copy its interface.. Now they are copying its fast release cycle!

LOL yup, in a few years everything will look chrome-y

10. I don’t have the new version (I guess it is not out yet), but mine is already acting like Chrome thanks to a new plugin – of course I don’t remember the name now. But, I had to get it so I could get back the little bar at the bottom of the browser for when you hover over a link. So, installed that and now when you go to copy something and paste it in your browser window – it is exactly like Chrome where it gives you the option to Paste and Go! LOVE IT!!