How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)

A while ago I created my very first Facebook fan page. Everyone was making one, claiming it was the next big thing to generating traffic, so hey, if it worked for them, why couldn’t it work for me?

It had been a few months and my fan page was boasting a whopping 80 something fans. The amount of fans had been laughable and the traffic I got from Facebook was even more of a joke.

I wanted the fans, I wanted the traffic but I was just not getting it. As you may have guessed, I gave up on Facebook as a means of traffic.

That is until I discovered a new kick butt method that literally propelled my fan page to a cool 900 fans.

Here is a screenshot of the current number of fans on my fan page:
facebook fanpage example How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)

Pretty sweet huh?

How To Create Instant Social Proof

Now on to the method. The secret thing I used to generate results like the one above was by using a website called…. Twiends.com
Get More Twitter Followers Facebook Likes Youtube Views Twiends 1303516982279 300x161 How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)

Not many marketers know about this site, so this is basically an untapped gold mine you have to take advantage of today!

The cool thing about Twiends is it is not just limited to Facebook. You can also use it to get more Twitter followers, and even views to your YouTube videos.

How To Use Twiends

Twiends uses something called ‘seeds’, which is like a form of currency, which allows you to get fans, followers or views. The more seeds you have the better.

Now the way to get seeds is to either follow people on Twitter, like someones fan page, or to view a YouTube video.

Under Settings you can add your Twitter account, fan page, or video and offer a certain amount of seeds Twiends users receive for completing the action.

My Twiends Method

For me the easiest way to get seeds on Twiends is to follow the users on the site. What I do is first create a dummy Twitter account. It is optimal to have it live for a few days and to follow/unfollow a few users so you won’t get suspended. I then connect the account to Twiends.

I also connect my Facebook profile and add my fan page to the system. I offer 3 seeds for every like.

I than follow everyone on Twitter which will get me about 30 seeds then I refresh the page which pulls up a new list of Twitter users to follow and repeat the process.

If manually following people isn’t your cup of tea I also know of an automatic way.

First go to http://twiends.com/twitter/all . Once, you’re there follow everyone on the page.

Conclusion

As you can see Twiends is a perfect solution for creating instant social proof that you can show off to your friends, family, or maybe even future potential customers. If you put off one whole day and just use Twiends the possibilities of the amount of views, fan, or followers are literally endless.

Twiends also has a few seed packages that you can buy at a reasonable price to get results faster.

• What do you think of the method above?
  • Have you ever heard of Twiends?
  • Do you know of any other methods to create social proof (or traffic)

Leave a comment below and tell us what you think of the article!

Edwin.thumbnail How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)

1. How To Harness The Viral Power Of Facebook
  2. 4 Simple Ways To Build A Following On Twitter
  3. How To See Who Views Your Facebook Profile?
  4. How I Got 4,000 Plus Visitors To Go To My Website In One Day
  5. FREE Viral Code Increases Your Traffic Overnight

57 Responses to “How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)”

1. Hey Edwin,
    Did you see an increase in traffic from these new FB fans?

Hiya, I now am seeing some traffic from Facebook in my Google Analytic’s account.

2. Hi Edwin,

Nice little trick man. I never heard of Twiends, will going to check it out now.

Thanks for sharing this great post on Blokube.

Have a great weekend.

Dev

Hi Devesh. I too also had never heard of Twiends before as well, then I read a WSO which talked about it and now Im in love with it ;)

Thanks for the compliment and the comment.

abil from Nbuy Nokia 5530 Reply:

Hey, Edwin! I visit the WarriorForum a lot and buy lots of WSO’s — but I seem to have missed this one. What is it called, how much is it, and do you recommend it?

You should add me as a friend by the way. I’m Sweely99 ;)

/Nabil.

Crazy Traffic 2.0

3. Hi Edwin, I love Twiends. I don’t want to set up a dummy Twitter account but that’s a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

Thats cool, I just set up a dummy Twitter account because I dont want to be receiving tweets from people I dont care for. You do what you do, its cool.

Thanks for the comment :)

4. Suresh Khanal from Bivori 23. Apr, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I used Twiends in the beginning when I created my first twitter account and wanted a lot of followers. There is no doubt it works to show off the social proof.

It is not necessary to create a dummy account if you manually follow or approve. It works without violating Twitter rules.

Only the concern of these followers is that, there is very little interaction among such type of followers. But its great to get the number for social proof.

Yup, its mostly for social proof since the followers are untargeted.

5. rijans from Windows, Linux, Facebook, Software how tos 23. Apr, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Good Edwin. But I think they are not targetted follower or fans.

I guess but on Twiends I heard you can target the followers you get a little more

6. Seems like a good way to build up some audience, if not audience, at least the number. Haha.
    Thanks Edwin for sharing this, will definitely explore more and give it a try.

Hi Jia, thanks for stopping bye. Twiends is definitely good for increasing your audience, thanks for the comment and good luck

Jia Jun Reply:

I tried awhile just now. It’s seriously fast, and perhaps unlimited.

But one thing I’m concern about is that twiends is exchanging likes, so how many of them convert into visitors or readers would be a big question.
    Perhaps 99% of them just like each other without even visit the site afterward.

The number is exciting, but the real results?

Still in doubt.

I understand your point, but this post was mostly to use Twiends as social proof, Ive heard that you can target Twiends more deeply but Im not so sure how at the moment.

7. wow… its working…!!
    Thanks a lot :)

Glad to hear Mayur. Cheers!

Thanks for the comment ;)

8. Nick W from Aquasana Coupon 25. Apr, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Hi Edwin…man, it seems like Twiends is yet another social tool that I most likely won’t pursue as I haven’t even gotten into basic Facebook stuff regarding affiliate marketing. I need to catch up quick – I’m still only doing SEM stuff. Interesting idea though.

Nick

Hi Nick, take your time. From the looks of it Twiends will stay for a while

9. Chandrashekhar 25. Apr, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Dear Edwin,

I am also twiends to get more followers and Facebook Likes.Now twiends offering some amount of free credits also.

Yup, I just got some free credits the other day. I put in the code for a voucher and got 50 seeds, and then I signed up for the newsletter and got another 50 seeds.

Thanks for commenting

10. Navya from V neck Pencil Dress 25. Apr, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Hey I am so glad to know about Twiends, Thank You sooo much for sharing this valuable info…..

Regards
    Navya.

Your welcome, use it good ;)

Thanks for stopping bye

11. Custom Facebook Application 25. Apr, 2011 at 4:48 AM

Hey Edwin;

There are also methods which are follow like (buy the facebook friends) but this method id very expensive to me.sometime i thought i search some others tool also then i found your tool.its good for marketing.

Cheers Edwin

Hi Custom Facebook Application, if thats your real name ;D. Anyways, Twiends is free thats why I love it!

12. Johanna from GIJoh.com 25. Apr, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I’ve never heard of Twiends before, will give this a try during my free time. Glad it’s free!
    Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome, good luck Johanna

13. Chelsea Thomas 25. Apr, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Hey Edwin,

I just created my Fan Page not too long ago too! I’m sitting at like 26 Likes. I know I know, NOTHING compared to what you have.

I’m familiar with Twiends. I used it when I first created my Twitter account. At first I was really excited about the rapid pace in followers I was receiving.

Only draw back for me was that I wanted targeted followers. I’m tempted to do try this method for my Fan Page. It would definitely provide that social proof plus a fan page is different from Twitter, so thanks to you awesome post I might just try twiends out again!

Thanks for this!

Dont worry, your fanpage will soon explode in likes with Twiends :)

Thanks for commenting

14. I love Twiends – so glad it is working for you, too :)

Linda

Thanks Linda

15. I’ve heard about this but you went into a little more depth then the explanation I had read about previously. Sure enough, this would be a cool thing to get more FB fans. I’m doing pretty good right now with about 172 and it’s only a couple months old. Have been inviting people to check it out but this little trick just might help some.

Thanks Edwin, great tip my friend.

Adrienne

Hi Adrienne, thanks for the comment. Definitely Twiends works and I recommend you checking it out :)

16. Business Loans 27. Apr, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Edwin, Ohh God you just posted a treasure chest! I was stunned by this discovery. I would like to try it right away.

But ONE question. Is it possible for us to make our target people like our FB fan page using Twiends?
    If you have an FB fan page or account please let me know. I’d be more than happy to add you.

Thanks for the comment, and for the second question Im sorry I dont know

17. Jane from perfumes ireland 28. Apr, 2011 at 7:12 AM

This seems like a great way to gain some customers but i wonder how much people from those 900 visiting your site(daily)???

18. I never heard about Twiends before. Will try this one :)

Good luck!

19. Twiends is a good tool to get fast FB fan but personally I really don’t like it because the quality of the fan from Twiends is not relly good because they all follow just for SEEDS. They just follow to get the seeds and provide low quality of traffic.

Fan can like an unlike your page later. But the best is you can get totally fast fan with it. Good to try

20. Tho Huynh from Blogging Tips 04. May, 2011 at 11:27 AM

This method does brings lots of traffic to you. But I am curious about how targeted that traffic is. Chances are your followers and your fans don’t love your website. They just like or follow to get seed

21. People at twiends follow you just to get seeds not for love. I really hate them..

22. Hy,

Edwin your blog is owsome!

Only 1 rqust for you
    plzzz
    answere what is ur age!

23. Edwin you are really such a great blogger. But, honestly, I just can’t exactly convinced by your article.

24. Dee Ann Rice from Affiliate Marketing Basics 12. May, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I have not heard of Twiends before but am going to check it out. I could use some more facebook page fans.

Since this is not targeted traffic I would think that number of followers would increase but there would not be much benefit other wise.

Showing a large number of followers is always a good thing for getting more people to follow though.

Thanks for the info.

Dee Ann Rice

25. Aquasana Coupons 20. May, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Very cool stuff Edwin, like many others I had not heard of Twiends. I would also be concerned with the targeting of the added friends though. Regardless, very cool method.

26. Dave from uTube 28. May, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I’ve been doing some FB pages my first got banned with a script my second nearly sent my site offline I got sooo much traffic

27. Kevin from JoyCave.com 03. Jun, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Great tips, Edwin! It help me very much to solve some problems. I could barely find 25 people on Facebook to create a page. Now everything seems to be a lot easier. Thank you.

28. TechChunks from Technology Updates 15. Jun, 2011 at 5:43 AM

As long as we forget about the quality f these fans and simply do this for fun and for numbers (aka social proof), Twiends can be pretty interesting. Glad to read your little review about them here.

29. James May from Bet on Birmingham city 01. Jul, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Sometimes I feel these followers are like vagabonds because today 100 of them makes me smile and by tomorrow they’re gone!! I think its better to interact with followers who share similar interests and also avoid those who’re not interested to interact with you.

30. Arnum from DSiXL 13. Jul, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Twiends recently axed Facebook from its site. I got some extra fans that way too, but we can’t anymore.

31. Ami from Therapist New York 29. Jul, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Hmmm, I definitely understand how a lot of facebook friends would be social proof, but isn’t it better to build a smaller network of “real” contacts. When I go to someones page and they have gobs of friends, I usually question their sincerity.

32. There is no any option for integrating facebook account. I think it is not working with facebook. Only working for Twitter. Any how its good website and thanks for sharing.

33. Jeanie from Facebook Templates 06. Oct, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Hi, Edwin! Thanks a lot for this post. It was rather interesting to read it. Actually, I haven’t heard about Twiends before and now I’m going to check it!I’ll write later about my results

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Do Social Proof Really Matter? | SEO MMO Tips - 24. Apr, 2011

[...] Proof though my numbers are something to be proud of. But recently I went through Edwin’s post ‘How to create instant social proof (Or how I got 400 Facebook Fans in 2 Hours)’, it shook me from [...]

2. NET Goiania - 01. Jul, 2011

Recommended websites……

[...]This post was mentioned on Facebook[...]…

3. See How Easily You Can Get 1,000's of Likes on Your Facebook Fan Page - 29. Aug, 2011

[...] Twiends: Now Twiends is a site I first learned about from another blogging friend of mine, Edwin. Edwin has a site, “Guide Goods Computer Tips” and dang that kid knows a LOT!!!   You’ve seen his smiling face because he is a frequent commenter on my blog.  He has written an entire post explaining how this site works.  You can sign up for free to get started.  Instead of me trying to explain something I haven’t quite wrapped my head around, be sure to check out his post if you’d like to know more.  You’ll find it at “How To Create Instant Social Proof (Or How I Got 400 Facebook Fans In 2 Hours)“. [...]