4 Marvelous Alternatives To Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer! Please don’t tell me you still use it. IE is slow, buggy, and crappy. It just is. I want to open you eyes to the possibilities of other browsers. Yes, that was not a typo my friend.

internet explorer 4 Marvelous Alternatives To Internet Explorer

There are alternatives to internet explorer.  I am not biting your leg, or janking your chain. I’m dead serious.

Lets take a look.

Alternatives to Internet Explorer

Firefox

Mozilla Firefox is arguably the fastest browser on the web. It has this really cool feature called addons which allow you to customize your web experience even more. Its really quite cool once you delve in to it.

I wrote a post outlining my favorite Firefox addons that make my life easier. Firefox is an awesome alternative to Internet Explorer.

Google Chrome

Google Chrome is a browser made by Google. You know what that means? This has to be good!

Chrome is fast, and sleek and also has a similar feature just like Firefox which allows you to customize your browsing experience.

Safari

Safari is an internet browser made by Apple. Safari is the default browser on Macs and Apple products.

Opera

Opera is the underdog of the browsers listed above. I personally use it and can say its great and fast. My favorite thing about it is how the tabs are on top. I don’t know, I just love that!

Conclusion

Hopefully by now you know that there are other alternatives to internet explorer. Please do me a favor and at least try some of the browsers above. I’m sure you will like at least one.

• What do you think of this post?
  • Do you use Internet Explorer?
  • Were you aware of the alternatives to Internet Explorer?
  • Should I start blogging about tech news on Guide Goods?

Thanks for reading! Also, if you want me to do a tutorial please contact me. I am always looking for more post ideas.

Edwin.thumbnail 4 Marvelous Alternatives To Internet Explorer

1. How To Turn Spell Check On Your Computer On
  2. How To Stop Your Computer From Freezing
  3. Free e-Books
  4. 6 Great Alternatives To Skype
  5. Two GreaseMonkey Scripts To Remove Annoying Ads From The Internet

49 Responses to “4 Marvelous Alternatives To Internet Explorer”

1. I use FF, chrome and Safari extensively. I prefer FF, however, as of late, Ive been using Rockmelt for social media related tasks.

Rockmelt is built on Chrome platform and its a solid idea, even if it does crash on occasion :-)

IE…yup..I still see people using IE…it immediately tells me Im dealing with a nube and someone who is not internet savvy.

great line up dude.

Thanks Dino. I am aware of Rockmelt but didnt mention it since its technically Google Chrome. Thanks for stopping bye.

2. Edward,

I am a big FF fan. I love the addons that come with FF open source policy.

I do use Safari some. It is only complaint I have with MAC. Safari was my default browser for a long time. But sometimes when I clicked on links that came from sites like Twitter, I would get that the page did not exist. The same links worked in FF.So I switched my default to FF and I am a happy camper.

Have not tried Chrome…just don’t need something new to learn right now.

Glad you are recommending alternative to IE.
    Like you say, the IE users with be happy with the alternatives.

Firefox is pretty sweet Sheila :D . But, I dont understand why you didnt like Safari. Was it that the links werent working?

Thanks for stopping bye

3. Edwin,

Oops! I had to come back, I realized I called you by the wrong name. Sorry.

Have a great week.

Its all good Sheila dont sweat. People mess up my name all the time so I am pretty used to it.

4. Wan Firdaus from Reviews and Guide 31. Jan, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Great lists,installed all in my pc except safari.Too buggy for windows.

I bet Apple purposely made it biased towards Macs and not Windows.

5. Really Edwin, I never liked Internet Explorer. My favorite web browsers are chrome and safari. And thank for the nice share.

Your welcome, and I did used to like Internet Explorer. I was young and confused XD, now I prefer the ones in my list

6. Ganesh Babu Reply 01. Feb, 2011 at 4:30 AM

there is yet another powerful browser which is based on Chrome which is Rockmelt… on the first try of Rockmelt i amazed… it is fast, easy to use like chrome and it made my social networking life easier…

Yeah I was going to put RockMelt but technically RockMelt is Google Chrome.

7. Glitz from GlitzyBlog 01. Feb, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Great Post mate. but i dont use internet explorer i always use chrome and firefox. arounf 90% of the time i will only use google chrome because its fast.

Awesome Glitz.

Thanks for commenting

8. Dennis Edell from Direct Sales Marketing 01. Feb, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Flock for those that like Firefox and social media same people and the best of both worlds. :)

Flock is that like the equal of RockMelt to Google Chrome?

Dennis Edell from Direct Sales Marketing Reply:

I can’t say equal as I’ve never used Rockmelt, but yes the same premise…RM is trying to overtake Flock.

9. Johanna from GIJoh.com 02. Feb, 2011 at 2:45 AM

I totally agree that Internet Explorer sucks – big time! My work about 4 years ago required me to access their server through IE, and guess what, it was a nightmare! Lots of hang-ups, need to refresh, and the worst of all, I need to re-do everything I did! :(

I’ve never heard of Opera before. Will check that out in a while.

Thanks!

Johanna, I feel sorry for you. That must of been a real pain using IE. You should spread the word that there are other alternatives to it as people are not aware of it.

10. I’ve used to be an BIG FF User.i still am, But now i’m bigger fan of Opera, They really has some great features, and its sad how firefox4 is a clone of opera,
    Never liked the chrome.

Best Regards,
    Matt

For a while I actually did prefer Opera since I just loved its layout and basically everything about it. I use more Firefox now because of the addons and I can make Firefox just like Opera

11. I had leaved IE for so long. I use the Firefox as its replacement since there are so many useful plugins available that help me to improve my online.

Exactly, thats why I love Firefox! Thanks for commenting Dana

12. Leo from Net Accountant 03. Feb, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Not only do I – sometimes – use IE, but I HAVE to! I also HAVE to check website we build down to IE6 as it represents upwards of 20% visitors for some of our clients…

Although I am lying a bit, I am the one who enforces the IE6 compliance (everybody else wants to stop it :) )

LOL, cool story dude.

Thanks for commenting Leo!

13. Heavy firefox and rockmelt user. I don’t use ie anymore and don’t even consider it. Lol, i haven’t even tested my theme for my blog on internet explorer, i just expect that most people are using firefox or chrome now. ie’s only got a 20% market share as of now.

True true Peter. Internet Explorer users are slowly dimming down, and Im glad of that.

Thanks for always stopping by. Much appreciated :)

14. Patricia from lavenderoils 06. Feb, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Hi Edwin

Came over to check out your blog after you visited and commented on mine. I use Firefox and love the addons. Haven’t used IE for years.

Patricia Perth Australia

Hi Patricia, I love the addons on as well.

Thanks for stopping bye :)

15. sman from UFirstHosting Reply 07. Feb, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Firefox is perfect for me :)

Awesome! Same here

16. mike from led tv ireland 18. Feb, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Hmmm each of this has things which is better than another but my choice is Firefox and Chrome, my brother uses Opera, I think it depends on each of us which browser will fit us the best : )

Firefox is my choice and Opera. I love them!

Thanks for commenting, thanks

17. rijans from TechGainer.com 28. Feb, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Really Edwin, I cannot understand you how much I hate IE.

18. I just wrote a post like this. Check it out. By far Chrome is the best. I will use it forever and ever.

Will do, thanks

19. I never liked Internet Explorer. My favorite web browsers are chrome and safari. And thank for the nice share. Still I’m hating IE..

20. Hi Edwin,
    as for me there is no alternatives to the firefox. Basically you can make a perfect SEO tool with the firefox addons.
    Regards. Adam

21. Veronica Cervera from Miami Real Estate 27. May, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I think Firefox isn’t the fastest browser :) instead it’s Chrome (experience may differ on different machines) and Chrome’s good memory management makes it better because Firefox even with just one tab will sometimes eat over 150-200mbs of ram but Chrome won’t eat that much. For speed, my choice is Chrome and for stability and wonderful collection of addons I use Firefox.

22. Tracy Mc Manamon from oh medical insurance 03. Jun, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I have been using firefox for more than 5 years and with no regrets or complaints. It is blazing fast and stable than most of the other browsers. Personally, i wont switch to any other browser.

23. How about a list of no-install or USB installed browsers?

24. nabil from constipation remedies 23. Jun, 2011 at 3:44 PM

what surprises me the most is that internet explorer has managed to hold the market share as number 1 for so long. True, it is slowly deteriorating, but you’d think people would be smarter than that!

Nabil Reply:

I fully agree.

Everyone thinks IE is bad — yet they keep using it. Microsoft is lucky they’ve got IE preinstalled with Windows :)

25. I for one am quite torn between firefox and chrome. I was a definite chrome user until firefox released they’re latest version basically taking 5 leaps towards chromes design, which I really love. I would just keep using chrome, but I love the tons and tons of amazing add-ons that firefox has to offer. Chrome is slowly getting better with that, but still it’s tough to decide.

26. Denver/Lakewood Hashimoto's/Hypothyroid Chiropractor Dr. Scott Brown 28. Jul, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I googled pain and got internet stuff. Go figure!

27. Lyza from Miami Real Estate 27. Sep, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I seldom use IE, i love chrome but sometimes crashes.

28. Nick Dodd from Miami Condos 05. Oct, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I only use IE because of the MLS system for realtors works best on IE. Funny, I know. Such an advance system but will fail to work with firefox and that means ipads as well. Unfortunately i’m on IE all day long with no alternatives for MLS. Not even MLS fusion does the job for me. =\

Trackbacks/Pingbacks